Freelance Contributor to Media Research Center Culture Blog
Contact: Email - email@example.com
Nov. 2015 - March 2016
Field Director, Carly for America
May 2014 - Nov. 2014
Field Director, Women Speak Out PAC
- Organized, hired, and trained canvassers for 2014 US Senate Election
- Responsible for PAC operations across 6 counties, including Charlote, NC, one of the top 20 largest cities in the U.S.
Feb. 2013 - June 2014
Assistant Editor, Twitchy.com
- Culled Twitter for relevant, timely news.
- Pitched stories to managing editors.
- Cut and edited video from TV news segments, live events, et c. as needed.
June 2011 - Aug 2011
Intern, The Heritage Foundation - Thomas A. Roe Institute for Economic Policy Studies
- Tracked major regulations as reported by the Government Accountability Office under the Congressional Review Act.
- Prepared weekly “Enterprise Update” (approximately 3000 readers per week) to inform subscribers of recent publications.
- Prepared daily department-wide email with links to top regulatory news stories.
Sept 2010 - Present
Web Developer, Various Political Websites
Leadership Institute - Youth Leadership School
- Intensive training seminar on “mass-youth” grassroots organization, mobilization, and campaigning.
Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Chairman, Belmont Abbey College Republicans
- Re-founded Belmont Abbey College Republicans
- Organized Campaign Volunteers and On-Campus Events
Jan 2009 - Present
- Blog focused on conservative politics and technology.
2010 & 2012
Campaign Volunteer, Various State and Federal Campaigns
Aug 2009 - Dec 2012
Belmont Abbey College
- Government and Political Philosophy Major, Economics Minor
- Delta Sigma Epsilon
Aug 2007 - May 2009
Other Experience & Employment
Feb. 2013 - Feb. 2015
BATF and Firearm Sales Associate, Gander Mountain
- Ensured regulatory compliance in firearm sale transactions.
- Filed required reports with ATF.
- Sold firearms to qualified customers.
1999 - Present
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout, 3 Palms and Brotherhood member, Order of the Arrow.
- Represented BSA at 2006 Youth Leadership Conference in Japan. Delivered speech on the importance of boy-led troops.
- Volunteer staff member at 2005 and 2010 National Jamboree.
April 2011 - Present
National Board Member, Students for Concealed Carry
- Joined organization in fall of 2008 after establishing chapter at Vanderbilt University. Became S.C. State Director in 2009.
2005 - 2009
Counselor, Camp Rockmont for Boys
- Responsibilities included caring for cabin of 8-12 campers, preparing daily devotion, leading activities, and teaching various skills (e.g. archery, tennis, trap shooting, et c.).